lördag 11 september 2010

Near-Life Experience

As the tourists are being shown the works of Michelangelo

Deep within the bowels of the Vatican sits a large, circular room

With 13 separate chambers

Each leading to a distinct catacomb


13 choices, each leading to a different result. I’ve always had trouble picking the right decisions, almost feels like the decisions pick me, but since I decided to do this TT conversion I’m sticking with it and today I cut the front oil tank bracket from the frame, sand blasted it and got it helicoiled.
Now it's welded back in place 1.3/8" higher up so the transmission will have all the clearance it needs to be raised quite a bit. Helicoiling and welding is so grown up and mature, almost made me feel like a real person. A near-life experience.

1 kommentar:

  1. I had to do the same thing with my '47, except I only raised it 1". Shortening the oil tank by that much allows for 3 quarts in the tank. The algorithms used to determine that were found, yes, in the circular room you reference. Amazing.

    SvaraRadera